Dog Training in Crown Point, IN
Looking to teach your pup some new tricks or curb those not-so-cute behaviors? You've come to the right place! Coyne Veterinary Center in Crown Point, IN, offers dog training services designed to help foster a harmonious relationship between you and your companion. It’s best to start young with your pup, but we are also happy to offer obedience classes to dogs 6 months of age and up!
Puppy Class Schedule & Fees
Below are our schedules for puppy and basic obedience classes. Let us know if you have any questions by calling (219) 267-1700!
At this time there are no puppy classes available.
- Every Saturday from 9:00am - 9:50am starting November 18th
- Every Sunday from 9:00am - 9:50am starting November 19th
Each training class is a set of 6 sessions, and the cost is $185.
REQUIREMENTS TO ENROLL IN DOG TRAINING CLASSES
Your dog must be up to date on all required vaccines (rabies, distemper, Bordetella every 6 months, bivalent influenza) and have a negative fecal sample to enroll.
SIGN UP YOUR PUP
Ready to get started? Call us at (219) 267-1700 or text 219-244-2467 to secure your spot today!
Don't miss out on this opportunity to create a strong, healthy, and lasting bond with your dog. We're excited to help you along this journey!
Introduction Puppy Class (16 weeks to 1 year old)
Our Introduction Puppy Class covers the A to Z of essential puppy training.
We’ll cover a lot of ground to help you understand your pet’s behaviors, body language, and temperament so you can build a strong, loving relationship with them.
Here's a sneak peek at the curriculum:
- Brief introductions
- Purpose and goals
- Equipment intro and explanation
- Canine learning theory
- Marker and rewards systems
- Luring and shaping behavior
- Building a strong bond with your pup
- Socialization techniques
- Avoiding common puppy pitfalls
- Creating healthy puppy relationships
- Leash-handling skills
- First steps to "sit," "down," and "stay"
Basic Obedience Class (6 months and older)
For those seeking the next level, this class kicks it up a notch, covering all of the puppy curriculum and more. This class will include:
- Assessment of your dog's current training level
- Advanced commands such as sit, down, heel, stay, and recalls
- Reward fading techniques
- Obedience with distractions