Animal Emergency Care for Pets in Need
Wherever you are in Northwest Indiana, know that our hospital in Crown Point is open to you if your pet has urgent medical needs. We're available on weekends and offer extended hours to better accommodate our clients, and our team is well-equipped to give first priority to emergency cases. Additionally, we have skilled technicians on staff who can stay overnight if necessary to provide critical care.
Please see the list below for signs that your pet could be having an emergency. You can call us at (219) 267-1700 or bring your pet in right away for treatment.
Signs of a Medical Emergency
No two pet emergencies are exactly alike. If you're uncertain about whether your pet is having an emergency, call (219) 267-1700 so we can advise you. Even if your pet is standing on their own four feet, they could have an underlying health issue.
- Choking, gagging, panting heavily, difficulty breathing
- Pale pink or white gums
- Appears disoriented, unable to walk straight
- Vomiting/diarrhea over 24 hours
- Injury to the eye(s)
- Loss of consciousness
- Seizures (usually characterized by convulsions)
- Blood in stool, vomit and/or urine
- A hard, swollen abdomen
- Difficulty urinating
- Irregular or rapid heartbeat
- Ate something poisonous
- Possible broken bones
- Unable to walk or stand
- Has gone 3-4 hours between kitten/puppy delivery